Monday, December 21, 2009

Happy Birthday Ruth

The winter solstice is the shortest day of the year, when the sun is the lowest point in the sky. Many cultures around the world hold celebrations and gatherings on this day to help ward off the dark and depressing feelings that winter brings about.

I never had that problem though because God sent me my winter solstice gift in the form of my Momma Ruth. It's ironic that a person who was so full of life and radiated the way that she did was born on the darkest day of the year. When I was growing up, Ruth was always there during my darkest times to warm me with her smile and ward off depressing feelings. Some days I miss her so much it hurts, and I have needed her smile more than once this past year, but the memories that I have of her are good enough to get me through.

If you had the priviledge to know her please take time today to remember her life and give thanks that we were blessed with her presence.

I Love You Ruth

1 comment:

dramamama said...

I SO wish I had had the opportunity to meet Ruth. They way you and Kimi talk about her, I am certain that she was one AWESOME lady!